Sukham is an all-volunteer, registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization working to promote the practice of living and aging well while preparing for life’s transitions – including culturally sensitive care for chronic or advanced illness in the family and friend circle.
We offer information, resources, and support on healthy living and aging, as well as preparing for life’s transitions and coping with or caring for someone with a chronic or serious illness. Our special focus is helping people navigate and overcome cultural and informational barriers and access resources that promote a dignified, healthy, happy life.
While our focus is the Bay Area South Asian Community, we seek to be all-inclusive and welcome everyone. We seek to empower the community through increased awareness, and by providing practical information, contacts and resources for anyone navigating the complexities of this space.
We are a young organization of volunteers from all walks of life. With skill levels ranging from experts to enthusiasts.
Our Causes include but are not limited to:
- Healthy living and aging in the South Asian Community
- Resources, information and contacts within the community to help meet individual and family needs
- Preparing for life’s transitions including Advance Health Care Directives
- Compassionate culturally sensitive care for people with serious illnesses, including Palliative and Hospice care
- Building a group of active volunteers who share our mission, its values and objectives, and are willing to devote some of their time to help execute our vision
What we do:
- Organize and present workshops in the community
- Provide hands-on help in certain areas such as developing Advanced Health Care Directives
- Guide individuals and families in answering questions and locating organizations that could provide solutions to their specific problems
- Partner with community and national organizations to fulfil our goals and objectives
- Maintain and update a set of useful resources for all readers on this website